St Mary’s is the local Parish Church of Princes Risborough and is situated close to the market square in the town centre. St Peter’s is a delightful small church in the quiet hamlet of Ilmer and together we are part of the Church of England’s Risborough Team Ministry, Diocese of Oxford, UK.
We have a growing and thriving community, as we offer something for all ages and taste in a variety of traditional and modern forms of worship. We invite you to come and visit us for a service, a course, an event or if you are interested in our church’s history.
Within our website you will find more information about our ministries and life groups within our community or download our welcome brochure. They are all important to us and each is a different facet of of the commission God has given us.
Our church is open to visitors on Tuesdays 9am-12 noon, and Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am- 12 noon. Please see our Calendar for more information on the full range of our activities and events.
Services on Sundays
- 8am Holy Communion. This is a said service of Holy Communion, using Common Worship. The service lasts about 45 minutes.
- 9.30am Parish Communion. This is a choral setting of Holy Communion, using Common Worship, with music from the organ and singing led by the choir. The service lasts about an hour and coffee is served after the service.
- 11.15am TGIS – Thank God It’s Sunday. This is our contemporary service and it has something for everyone, whatever your age and background. It is fast paced and uses audio-visual technology for the talks and readings, with a live band leading current worship songs and lasts for an hour. Coffee and doughnuts are served before the service giving an opportunity to chat.
- We have a number of children’s breakout groups for different ages, in safe surroundings run by vetted and approved Sunday school teachers. Gems 2-4 years, Stepping stones & Pebbles 5-10 and Boulders 11-13. There is also a large mat and toys for 0-2 years.
- 6pm Choral Evensong – 3rd Sunday of the month. Traditional service with organ and Choir.
- 6pm Quiet with God – 1st, 4th and 5th Sundays of the month. A time of quiet reflection, just being the presence of God. Please note that Quiet with God is having a break during the winter months and will resume when the evenings are lighter.
- Wednesday 10.30am Holy Communion. A service of said Holy Communion using Common Worship. The service is followed by coffee.
- Nursery Service Friday 2pm. Held in the Church and the service is a time of praise and play for the under-fives together with their parents or carers. See the Nursery Service page for more information. The short service is followed by tea and toys in the Church Hall.
- First Sunday of the Month. 6pm Evensong. The time of this service changes to 3.00pm when the clocks go back in the autumn and reverts to 6pm when the clocks go forward in the spring.
- Third Sunday of the Month. 9am Holy Communion. This is a said service of Holy Communion, using Common Worship. The service lasts about 45 minutes.
- Family Service. 9.30am services and suitable for all ages. Christmas, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day and Harvest Festival.
Prayer and Bible Study Groups
For anyone needing companionship our church family of volunteers hold an Open Door Tea on the first Sunday of the month in the Chapter House. The Chapter House is also open for coffee on Thursday mornings from 10.30am until 12 noon. The Pop-in Centre is open on Friday mornings at the Princes Centre in Clifford Road from 10am – 11.30am, we welcome anyone from our local community, of any age who would like some refreshments and companionship.
For any enquiries please contact us via the Parish Office on 01844 273300 which is open 9.30am – 1.30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during term time or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.