From traditional Anglican services to contemporary worship we have something for everyone at St Mary’s Church.
Sunday Morning services at St Mary’s
Our three regular Sunday morning services at St Mary’s give you the choice of services in the Anglican tradition, either said or else with organ and choir, or the buzz of contemporary worship led by the band. Children are welcome at all our services.
- 8am Holy Communion This is a said service of Holy Communion, using Common Worship. The service lasts about 45 minutes.
- 9.30am Parish CommunionThis is a choral setting of Holy Communion, using Common Worship, with music from the organ and singing led by the choir. The service lasts about an hour and coffee is served after the service. Children are welcome at the service – there are toys available or the option of spending time in the Tot Spot in the Chapter House where you can follow the service on the video link.
- 11.15am TGIS – Thank God It’s Sunday This is our contemporary service and it has something for everyone, whatever your age and background. It is fast paced and uses audio-visual technology for the talks and readings, with a live band leading current worship songs and lasts for an hour. Coffee and doughnuts are served before the service giving an opportunity to chat.
We have a number of children’s breakout groups for different ages, in safe surroundings run by vetted and approved Sunday school teachers.
– Gems 3-5 years
– Stepping Stones 5-9 years
– Boulders 9+ years
– There is also a ‘Tot Spot’ in the Chapter House for 0-3 years. This is play space for little ones while parents can follow the service via the video link.
Sunday Evening Services at St Mary’s
We offer different types of evening worship on each Sunday of the month.
- 2nd Sunday of the Month: 6pm Joint Service with Princes Risborough Baptists and Methodists We regularly join our friends in Princes Risborough Baptist and Methodist churches for worship. The venue alternates between St Mary’s, Risborough Baptist and Methodist Churches. Check the calendar for full details.
- 3rd Sunday of the Month: 6pm Choral EvensongEvensong in the Anglican tradition, using the Book of Common Prayer service with organ and choir.
- Wednesday 10.30am Holy Communion A service of said Holy Communion using Common Worship. The service is followed by coffee.
Services at St Peter’s, Ilmer
- 1st Sunday of the Month: Evensong Evensong, using the Book of Common Prayer, is held at 6pm during the months of British Summer Time and moves to the earlier time of 3pm when the clocks go back in the autumn.
- 3rd Sunday of the Month: 9am Holy Communion. This is a said service of Holy Communion, using Common Worship.
- 4th Sunday of the month: Family Service These are held at 11am on the 4th Sunday of the month and combine traditional elements of worship with activities for children. Special family services will also celebrate Mothering Sunday (March), Father’s Day (June), Harvest Festival (September) and Christingle (December).