Doing life together
Would you like to get to know more people at St Mary’s, to find people with similar interests and a desire to grow in faith? Why not think about joining one of our many Life Groups?
Life Groups are groups of 3 or more people who to get together to support each other, grow in faith and focus on a particular interest or an activity. The groups help people to feel a sense of belonging and being cared for. This approach is not new as small groups often met in homes and were the foundation of the early church.
You can join a Life Group at any time. Alternatively why not start a new group, using your gifts and abilities to help others ‘do life together’? Whatever you would like your Life Group to look like, you can be certain that there will be others across St Mary’s who are looking to achieve something similar.
If you would like to know more, to share your ideas or simply want to make contact with a Life Group, please contact Jo Williams, our Life Groups co-ordinator, via the Parish Office.
“Choose Life…” (Deuteronomy 30:19)
Our current Life Groups include:
- Bible study / Home Groups – there are several of these groups. The Refresh group is specially for women and another group is for 20 and 30 somethings, but most groups are open to all. They meet in different houses and at different times during the week for fellowship and Bible Study.
- Costa Group – which meets early on Friday evenings in Costa on the High Street to make a break between the working week and the weekend. Sessions include coffee, discussion of a Bible passage and chat
- Pints of View – a men’s group meeting over lunch at the pub.
- The Choir Group – a supportive and friendly choir environment for the enthusiastic and tuneful singer, with new members being very welcome.
- Contemplation and Faith Group – meeting in church
- The Open Door – where people meet once a month for afternoon tea and chat in the Chapter House. All are welcome to come.
- Thursday Coffee – a group which meets over coffee in the Chapter House on Thursday mornings.
- A Life Group for members of the 8am Communion Service.
- A Life Group, associated with the Wednesday Communion Service, which meets for coffee and chat after the service.
If you would like to know more, to share your ideas or simply want to make contact with a Life Group, please contact the Parish Office