Are you wondering what the Christian faith is all about? Are you already a Christian wanting to go deeper in your faith? Whatever stage you may be at in your faith, there are others like you wanting to learn more, to take things further.
This journey of discovery is a lifelong journey and at St Mary’s we recognise that growing in our discipleship must be central to our worship in Church and also in our daily lives as Christians.
- Courses – Are you looking to learn more in a relaxed environment where you can learn, ask questions and meet new people? Why not try one of our discipleship courses? We run three courses a year, beginning with Alpha in January each year, and following up with other courses in the summer and autumn. For the latest information see our Courses page
- Teaching – Do you want to understand more about the Bible and what it teaches? All our services feature Bible-based talks by one of the clergy. Sometimes these are linked over several weeks as part of a ‘Sermon Series’ of talks. Recordings of the previous Sunday talks are available on our website home page and all talks are on our Soundcloud page.
- Life Groups – Do you want to meet up with people to find out more about the Christian faith in a more social setting? Why not join on of our ‘Life Groups’? These are groups that meet during the week for fellowship, to study the bible and to do something that gives back to the community. To find out more see our Life Groups page.
- Mentoring – Would you like someone to help you continue your faith journey on a one-to-one basis? Contact us to ask how you can be linked with an experienced Christian who can mentor you, answer your questions and help direct your relationship with Jesus.
- Baptism and Confirmation – Are you wondering how you can make your commitment to Christ? Both Baptism and Confirmation are significant milestones on our Christian journeys, opportunities to affirm our commitment to Christ. If you are interested in finding out more see our Baptism page or contact the Parish Office who can put you in touch with one of the team of people who can help you.,
- For children and young people – Are you wondering how to help your children or teenagers to grow in their faith? Why not come along to our TGIS service on Sunday morning where there is a special programme of Sunday teaching groups for all ages? For teenagers and young people, there is a special youth bible study group and many other activities. See our Children and Youth page.
If you have any queries or would like to join any of the above discipleship programs, then please contact email@example.com