Charities to be supported in 2021
New Major Award
Children’s Society (Diana Parker)
London City Mission (Sally Edwards)
Operation Noah (Garth Wilkinson)
Tearfund (Garth Wilkinson)
Hamlin Fistula (Kaye Lillycrop)
Currently in 2020 we are supporting
Christian Pastoral Aid Society
Mission Aviation Fellowship
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
The Princes Centre
Our policy on Charitable Giving
We give 20% of our Gross income to selected charities before even considering the needs of our church. This is a significant amount, but we regard it as our highest priority to help those in need. In fact, it is the essence of our mission principle and puts into practice our motto “Sharing the Love of Christ with All”.
Every year we ask the congregation to put forward a charity that they would like the Church to to consider supporting financially and through prayer. Sometimes these links even strengthen to include overseas visits to projects.
The process culminates in the PCC voting each September, for the following year, based on the list received. They choose one major recipient that we support for three years plus six or seven other charities which receive a one off grant.
Christian and secular charities are included with the following criteria in mind:
- A mixture of local, national and international charities.
- Emphasis on charities where we have a personal contact or link.
- Emphasis on charities which have limited sources of funds.
- Avoidance of duplication of charities serving similar needs.
- Mainly smaller charities rather than large national organisations.
- A bias towards, but not exclusively, Missionary Charities.