David Williams writes ….
I’m delighted to let you know that we are holding our first public service for more than three months on Sunday 26 July at 9am.
I’m sure you’ll understand that we are making adaptations to our usual practice so that we can gather safely. We are still fine-tuning the details, as advice emerges from the Church of England. You can see their advice at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-places-of-worship-during-the-pandemic-from-4-july
- The service will be said Holy Communion at 9am led by David Williams on the first Sunday
- There will be organ music but no congregational singing
- Communion will be offered in one kind
- Places are limited due to social distancing measures. We are operating a booking system on a first come first served basis. Please phone (01844 273300) or email (parish office @stmarysrisborough.org.uk) by 12 noon the Friday before.
- Names & phone numbers will be registered for Track & Trace purposes
Please don’t feel any pressure to come if you’re vulnerable or over 70, and please stay at home if you are self-isolating or you and anyone in your household have symptoms of Covid-19.
We will continue to offer our online live stream service at the slightly later time of 10am.
Meanwhile, we hope to see many of you on Sunday 26th July – you have been much missed!
It will be wonderful to be able to worship together again.
Revd David Williams, Rector