An evening of Thanksgiving and Prayer
for the whole church family
On: Friday 11 May 2018 from 6pm – 10pm
Come for just an hour, or if you can … come for four.
Jacket Potato Supper included and served at 7pm.
RSVP Sign up in church or on the
St Mary’s Church Facebook invitation.
Please join us as we launch our week of prayer alongside Christians across the world.
Friday Evening – Using the Lord’s Prayer we will:
- Give thanks for all God’s many blessings to us and hear testimonies of God’s goodness.
- Take time to confess and ask God’s forgiveness for the times when we have got things wrong.
- Share fellowship over a meal – children are welcome to come in their pyjamas!
- Take the opportunity to share specific needs facing various ministry teams, and to understand the financial needs of the Church to enable it to meet its 2020 Vision; so that we can target our prayers in these areas.
- Spend time in prayer, seeking God’s will for us as individuals and St Mary’s Church.
There will be a variety of prayer resources and activities to aid our prayers and everyone will be able to do as much or as little as they want to. By starting early we hope that families will be able to join in. Come as a family, a Home group, ministry team, Congregation or on your own!
6pm – Praise, Thanksgiving and Confession
7pm – Jacket potato Supper
8pm – Ministry team Prayer requests
8.30pm onwards – Prayer – petition and listening
9.45pm – Closing Worship
10pm – End
During the week 12th – 20th May there will also be opportunities to pray in a Prayer space in the Church, resources for prayer in home groups and for a prayer walk through town.